Wednesday 20 May 2015

Blogger Appreciation - Stage 4

It’s time for stage 4 of this lovely little blogger appreciation event we have going on here. Today I will be introducing Heather and Ren from A little bit of R&R, and Author Casey. L. Bond.

Both Ren and Heather answered the interview questions for their shared blog, which I find fabulous.
1. First off, tell us who you are. Let us know a little bit about yourself.
Heather: Hiya, I’m Heather. I co-blog for A Little Bit of R&R. I’m 30, married for the past six years to a great dude, and we have one 3 year old son. I’m a licensed social worker in Texas, which I’ve been doing since 2007.  I ready just about any books and I love meeting folks and helping others.
Ren: Hey there! I’m Ren. I’m the original chick from A Little Bit of R&R. I’m 30 years old and have a rad ass 5 year old boy. I work in the Reference department at a library here in Jersey and have been here for 11 years!
2. Why do you blog about books?
Heather: I love to read and help authors.
Ren: Because why not? I love to tell people about the books I love. I’m a huge indie reader and a lot of the people I recommend books to don’t even know about them. I always help out when I can.
3. What books are your favourites? which author do you thank most for making you a book lover?
Heather: My favorite have to the huge genre and sub genres that make up fantasy and paranormal. I became a huge reader when I started with Tamora Pierce and L.J. Smith as a youngin.
Ren: I have a whole story of how I became a reader. I’m sure it would bore you to death so I’ll just give you the basics. Evermore by Alyson Noel is the book that got me started. Significance by Shelly Crane is the one that made me fall in love with reading. I have too many favorites to list but you can check out my yearly favs by searching the blog.
4. Where can we find you? Twitter? Website? Any sort of social media platform.
Twitter: @1laureezy3 (it’s Ren’s twitter but all the stuff gets posted there anyway)

If you’d like to read the rest of the interview, (which I know you do), go show the ladies some love on their blogsite: A Little Bit of R&R

Now for the post from Casey.

Bloggers: The Lifeblood of an Author

Bloggers are amazing. Without them, an author will have a difficult time selling their books. Why, you ask? Let me tell you. J

Bloggers give so much.
TIME: A blogger is a person. People have lives. Lives are hectic. There are responsibilities, obligations and distractions in those lives. Time is a commodity to everyone. There simply isn’t enough to go around. Have you heard someone say, “There aren’t enough hours in the day?”
I say it all the time and it’s so true. We’re all pulled in a million different directions at once. All of those things are competing for….time. A blogger takes his or her time to make posts on behalf of authors. Sometimes it’s a post about a new cover. Other times, it’s a review of the author’s book.
It takes a lot of time to read, write a review, post about the book, etc.

Let’s talk about reviews!
A blogger’s reviews, any review, isn’t for the author’s benefit. Some do mention things that can help the author grow in their craft. And that’s amazing! But a review is for other readers. If a blogger or reader cares enough to spend their time writing a review, it’s because they loved the book and because they want other readers to share in the awesome!

Thank you to all of the bloggers who have, do and will support my dream in the future. You’re amazing and we would be NOTHING without you. <3 ~Casey L. Bond

Thank you ladies. As always it has been fantastic speaking to you.
Keep an eye out. In the next day or two I will be posting about a giveaway that we will be doing on the 29th of May. Some fantastic ebooks and gift vouchers will be up for grabs. But I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

Have a lovely booky day!


No comments:

Post a Comment