Friday 15 June 2012

The Broken Destiny part one unveiled (between the pages)



Her Destiny is to rise above the fall : Website




The Broken Destiny
Book One 
A Broken Novel







Part One: 
Trace
Prologue .
Chapter One ~Oh, Star
Chapter Two~ First Attack
Chapter Three~ Pieces of a Falling Star
Chapter Four~ Never-ending Cry
Chapter Five ~The Traveler
Chapter Six~ Breaking Out
Chapter Seven~ Wanting
~Ends Part one~


The  book opens up with lyrics from a song (permission has been granted) eep!!

Prime Circle 

What I've Become







Part One

Trace 

I had been thinking of everything I used to want to be.
This was the story that was my life.
These were the lies that had created me
A trace of a life that had collapsed
Entombed within a destiny of the rise,
Above a very dangerous fall.



Prologue
ll my life, I had searched for something, something I
thought I ought to be. I felt like I was living someone
else’s life, waiting for the awakening of my own. I felt like
an empty shell burning for life. That was, until the day I lay dying in
the prince’s chambers. I could no longer feel the pain from the tear in
my gut. The only sensation left was a hollowed-out feeling that I had
made a huge mistake in assuming that taking my own life, would have
stopped the ancestors’ spirit from raging out. I had given up. I didn’t
want to see myself killing the ones I loved. I was the Chosen one, but I
threw it all away for what I thought would save a life. Could you end a
life to save a life? I did, and I have regretted it ever since. I realized then
that things like me are not meant to exist. What had been missing my
whole life? It was I. To find myself, I had to lose myself in the worst
possible way. The consequences of my actions became the legend of
The Broken.


Chapter One 

Oh, Star 



I wasn’t sure why they called us The Broken, but what I did know for sure was that we were different from the other human inhabitants of the planet, not physically, but in spirit. We were the third generation with a huge (some would say a cursed) destiny. Poseidon is the planet on which we resided. It was set in a milky way much like our home planet – Earth. Global warming, war and evil undertakings were said to have contributed to Earth’s destruction. So it was said. Did I believe it? No. I believed that there was a lot more to the story behind our origins. I could feel it in the cold burn of my legs sometimes and I could see it on the faces of my peers as we walked down the hallways of our school. A haunting feeling stared back at me as I looked upon my reflection in the monitor every morning. The color of my irises had changed twice since I had hit puberty. Was that normal? No way. I often wondered why I was the only one who had experienced that strange side effect of puberty. But there was something else, something I kept secret from the Council – from Kim – that might have confirmed my suspicions.....





Playlist

Sia
30Seconds to Mars
Muse
Meese
Linkin Park
Plumb
Civil Twilight
Metric
Paromore

The Broken Destiny Book Trailer 



 Character profiles : Meet the characters

Character Trailer 







Thank for stopping by! Next week Im giving away some  awesome swag



3 comments:

  1. Carlyle, you tease!
    Absolutely amazing, more please. :-D

    I imagined the prologue like the voice over in a movie.

    Definitely going to be worth the wait! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Zoe, *big fat evil grin* I love sharing and your comment had just made me all fuzzy inside. I hope you enjoy it as much as intend you to.
    Appreciate the support

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlyle, I agree with Zoe! This is wonderful writing, beautiful story. When it opens up, I see it as a movie in my head! More, please? And keeping writing! <3

    ReplyDelete