Monday 17 September 2012

Interview a book blogger Monday - Amber's supernatural & YA reviews


Interview a book blogger Monday 

Today I am thrilled to have Amber over. 
A delightful young woman with loads of energy and passion to share.



Check out her Blog: 

This is our lovely Amber <3 


There is nothing more this young ladies likes to do than share her love of books, 
connect with great friends and fangirl all over the place.
A great supportive friend always willing to share and help out where she can.


And what does Amber have to say about all of this?
Check out her interview below.






What is your favorite part of book blogging?
Reading!!! That and all the fantastic people I get to meet along the way and that goes for readers, bloggers, and authors. 

What is your opinion on negative reviews.
I hate giving negative review, it makes me feel bad, especially knowing  how hard the author worked on the book. So I wont post a negative review on my blog.

Do book bloggers get the thanks they deserve?
I believe so, my experience that I have had with authors has been amazing, most of the authors I have encountered are very appreciative of the work I do for them.

As a book blogger what is the  most awarding feeling?
When an author likes my reviews, it makes me feel good to know what I did was appreciated.
Top achievements?

As cheesy as it sounds, my family. I have two beautiful girls (7 and 13) and have been with my best friend and wonderful husband for 14 years.

Favorite series

I have many!!! okay top five:
Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck
The House of Night by P. C. & Kristen Cast
The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
The Resistance Trilogy by Rachael Wade
The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate
I also love The Broken Destiny and can't wait to read more!!

Top favorite books for 2012
Curse of the Beast by Ashley Lavering
Echo of an Eath Angel by Sarah Ross
Preservation by Rachael Wade
The Broken Destiny by Carlyle Labuschagne (and I am not just saying that because you're interviewing me lol)

What elements give a book a 5 star rating?
A 5 star rating for me is a book that leaves you feeling like you just came off a high lol. You know what I mean, the I can't eat, can't sleep til I finish and then when I do put the book down for a moment all I can think about is getting back to that book. The kind of book that leaves you dreaming about it when you have put it down or have finished the book just because you still want more. That is a five star book for me.

Do you judge a book by its cover?
Unfortunately, as shallow as it may be, I do when I am in a store shopping for books. However, if I see a good review or have read a synopsis that catches my attention, I will give that book a chance before turning it away.

Best covers for 2012?

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton

When do you decided to put a book down and not continue to read it any further.
When I realize I am forcing myself to continue on.

What are your pet peeves about indie authors?
Grammar errors!!! I just can't help it, I know I make a lot of grammar error too, but when I read a book, I don't want to see them all of the place. Don't get me wrong though, I love Indie Authors!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun interview! You can tell you both had loads of fun doing this. It shows!! Thank you both for sharing this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Airicka for stopping in and leaving a comment!

      Delete