Saturday 12 January 2013

Sharing is Caring Sunday


This is a weekly meme hosted by Simply Sensational Book Fanatics

Thank you Sandra for introducing me to your meme, now I get to rave about the wonderful books that others need to get their greedy little hands on. The book I chose this week is one I have to admit was my favorite read for 2012. 


When you're being hunted, who can you trust?



In this breathless sequel to Eve, Anna Carey returns to her tale of romance, adventure, and sacrifice in a world that is both wonderfully strange and chillingly familiar.




Once (Eve, #2)Once by Anna Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved it, so so so loved this book.I have to say def my best read for 2012! Fast paced and dramatic. Alluring and romantic. oh so romantic. And somewhat devastatingly beautiful. This is why I love dystopian crossed novels. My feelings during and for this book. I cant contain it.
Favorite passage:
"I've fallen in love with you," he whispered, kneeling to kiss the top of my hand. He stayed there for a moment,smiling up at me, before helping me from the boat.
I started up the stone steps, every inch of me humming with a new energy. I wanted to scream it then - I love you I love you I love you - to grab his hand and run away from the Palace, these people, that bridge.
"Good night, Miss," he said loudly, as though I were any other stranger. "I hope you enjoyed your evening."
The woman who had greeted me was still standing beneath the overhang. I walked toward her, but not before turning back, my eyes wet. "I love you, too." I mouthed.
It didnt seem stupid, or foolish, or wrong. I'd said some-thing I'd always known, the admission sending me into the happiest, irreversible free fall."

Grab this book, its the second in the Eve Trilogy. Def a brilliant series to get into.

View all my reviews

Check it out on Goodreads. Follow the author on Twitter


http://annacareybooks.com/books/

Awaiting the third in the series with much anticipated enthusiasm!


Coming April 2013

~x~


This is a weekly meme hosted by Simply Sensational Book Fanatics

The purpose of this meme is to share a book we have really enjoyed or loved reading, whether a recent one or whether we read it way back when. A book WE think you should perhaps add to your reading list. It’s fun, and I know there are loads of awesome books out there we are all missing out on.  Sharing is Caring!


THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DO


  • Choose a book you really enjoyed or simply loved;
  • Create a post;
  • Showcase the ‘Sharing is Caring Sunday’ badge at the top of your post;
  • Copy and paste what needs to go below the badge;
  • Attach the book’s cover;
  • Add a link to the book on Goodreads;
  • You are free to set up your post however you want as long as the badge and text follow each other;
  • It's up to you to decide which size you are happy with in displaying the badge; 
  • And lastly, let your readers know why you loved this book and how you rated it. If it's a book you read many moons ago, you are still free to give it a rating of your choice whether you reviewed it on your blog or not. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! You know me and typos, lol. Let's try this again:

    Good Sunday morning, Carlyle!

    Thank you for your lovely post. I noticed when you were reading this book how much you were loving it. It sounds absolutely awesome.

    Hope you have a fabulous day, and thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl oh gosh, I didnt even notice them. Thank you for stopping by. Thank you for including me in this event xoxo

      Delete